The Precision Academics Workgroup will host the Chancellor’s Summit on Precision Academics, a day focused on informing and improving instruction through the use of student learning data, at Georgia State University on June 14, 2019.
Precision Academics, at its core, is the practice of using digital data from student learning activities to inform and improve instruction. Just as the practice of precision medicine is being driven by extensive laboratory and clinical data that now can be parsed, mined, and focused into solutions for ever more finely grained categories of individuals – precision academics is technology-enabled, data-informed, and empirically-evidenced instruction.
The Chancellor’s Summit on Precision Academics offers faculty, staff, and administrators from University System of Georgia institutions a chance to share their experience with Precision Academics. Informed by the Precision Academics webinars offered during the 2018-19 academic year as well as survey results, the 2019 Chancellor’s Summit on Precision Academics will focus on course-level analytics, digital learning and ethical considerations.
Attendees of the summit will hear from speakers such as:
- Dr. Tristan Denley, Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer, University System of Georgia
- Dr. Timothy Renick, Senior Vice President for Student Success and Professor, Georgia State University
- Dr. Karen Vignare, Executive Director, Personalized Learning Consortium, Association of Public & Land-Grant Universities
- Dr. Ashok Goel, Professor of Computer Science, School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Mr. Mike Sharkey, President, Data & Graphs; Analytics Consultant, Arizona State University
Date: June 14, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET (Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Location: Georgia State University Centennial Hall, 100 Auburn Ave., Atlanta, GA
RSVP, here. (RSVP Required. RSVP closes on Friday, June 7 at 5:00 p.m. ET.)
View the Complete Summit Schedule, here.
Parking and Directions
T Deck Parking - T Deck address: 43 Auburn Avenue | T Deck Map
To get to the Centennial Hall from T Deck:
- Exit Deck T onto Auburn Ave, head east (down) Auburn Ave. and walk to Courtland St. (about 0.2 miles).
- Centennial Hall will be on your left (At the corner of Auburn and Courtland). If you reach the Piedmont Ave you have gone too far.
To get to the Centennial Hall from MARTA (Peachtree Center Station):
- Walk south on Peachtree. Turn left on Ellis St NE
- Turn right onto Peachtree Center Ave NE
- Turn left onto Auburn Avenue
- Cross over Courtland Street
- Centennial Hall will be on your left